Inside:The Best Board Games For Teens: Great For Family Game Night
My teen never talks to me anymore.
My teen always wants to spend time with their friends.
I feel like I’m losing my child.
As our kids get older, connecting with them can become more difficult. However, sometimes we forget, that teenagers are still kids. They still like to play and have fun.
One of the best ways to re-engage your teen is to order a pizza and sit down for an old fashioned family game night. Yes, people still do that! In fact, I know several teens who will tell you it is one of their favorite family activities. Here are the best board games for teens, picked by teens!
This post may contain affiliate links.
We went to the “experts” (our teens and other people’s) to find out what board games for teens get the thumbs up from older kids.
Here are the selections they came up with and we know that they’ll have you and your teen laughing and just having fun together the way you used to when they were younger.
No one ever really outgrows family game night!
The Best Board Games for Teens
Spontuneous – The Song Game – Sing It or Shout It – Talent NOT Required (Family / Party Board Game)Phone Phever Board Game – Best New Fun Fast-Paced Family-Friendly Party Board Game – It’s a Phonetastic Race to Answer Fascinating Trivia Questions & Complete Hilarious Challenges!Pick Your Poison Card Game: TheEscape Room in a Box: The Werewolf Experiment, Board Game for Adults and Kids 13+Hasbro Gaming The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon Box of Lies Party Game for Teens and AdultsNever Have I Ever (Family Edition Ages 8+) This is a Fun Party Game to Play with Your Whole Family and to Relive Your Funny Life StoriesWHAT DO YOU MEME? Party GamePandemicPlan B Games Azul Board Game Board GamesHasbro Games Trivial Pursuit Family Edition
Best Board Games for Teens
Taboo Board GameTelestrations the Telephone Game Sketched Out!Trivial Pursuit Party Game
1) Taboo- One of my all time favorites. This fast paced game of words is sure to induce laughter. Playing in teams makes this great for groups or family game night. The newer version has been completely updated with relevant cultural phrases but the “buzzer”(think small box you’re allowed to beep at the following team) is still a part of things so that in itself makes the game worth it! Seriously, what teen doesn’t want a chance to bleep out her parents? 😉
2) Telestrations – This is a visual version of the “telephone”(whispering in one another’s ears in grade school) game. No drawing skills required, stick figures and a sense of humor necessary, this game will have everyone laughing and is sure to spawn inside jokes that’ll last for years!
3) Trivial Pursuit Party Game – This isn’t the game you exactly remember. This edition is designed to be faster paced and with various wild spots, players are permitted to choose their own category to answer questions about, plus, you’re allowed to ask a friend if you’re uncertain. This is great one for teens through grandparents to play as the categories cover a wide range of topics.
Apples to Apples PARTY iN A BOX ALL NEW CARDS by MattelRisk GameCatan 5th Edition
4) Apples to Apples – The hilarious game of wacky comparisons is a huge hit with teens and adults. This game is fairly straightforward so it’s perfect for newbies or youth social activities. A bonus in this game is that players are given the opportunity to explain/defend their comparisons which is a fantastic learning experience!
5) Risk – Let’s switch gears from the chatty games and take this game, perfect for only 2 players, more if desired. The game of global domination requires strategy, logic, and skill as you command an army in it’s quest to defeat the enemy. This was a big favorite of my hubs as a young man and remains popular among the teens I surveyed.
6) The Settlers of Catan – This is a newer and extremely popular game, especially among young teens. Designed for up to 5 players, the overall strategy is to gather resources and successfully settle a new land and each time the game is played, things are different, lending itself to long term play. There are several sets that may be purchased as add-ons to keep the game going once players conquer this initial edition.
Loaded QuestionsWord On The Street – The Hilarious Tug Of WordsThe Awkward Storyteller | Party Game That Involves Everyone in Fun, Laughter and Creative Story-Telling
7) Loaded Questions – Silliness abounds in this crazy game of “What If” and this is perfect for groups or just your family game time. With over 1 million games sold, the reviews and sales speak to the fact that this is a no brainer, it’s fun in a box!
8) Word On The Street – Described as a hilarious tug of words, this game is full of excitement and laughter. Teams try to distract one another from forming words and pull them to their side of the street. Oodles of excellent reviews and raves from young adults to grandparents. I’m grabbing one for our family and my word loving’ teen!
9) The Awkward Storyteller Straightforward party game for 4 to 11 players aged 16 and up. The format is certain to get participants smiling, interacting and thinking up original twists and plot lines for their story, which they make up as they go along, for the entertainment of the other players and anyone else who is listening.
Zobmondo!! Would You Rather? Boardgame – Classic VersionPocket Ungame Teens VersionQuelf – Party Game for Teens and Adults
10) Zobmondo This Would You Rather Game is full of crazy questions and hilarious situations that let your imaginations run wild!
11) Pocket Ungame Non competitive and perfect ice breakers, excellent for classrooms, parties and youth groups. Enjoy at the family dinner table or with friends!
12) Quelf Obey the cards to win! Each card will ask the player to do something terribly silly! Take the challenge and advance or forfeit and move back!
Exploding Kittens Card GameCodenamesGoat Lords — Hilarious and Competitive New Card Game
13) Exploding Kittens The most backed kickstarter project in history is here and this funny game is causing big laughs all over the game tables! Family friendly and still appealing for teenagers.
14) Codenames Social word game pitting each other as master spies struggling to avoid an assassin. Strategy and critical thinking skills are sharpened.
15) Goatlords This game guarantees hilarious fun for all ages and is an hysterical commentary on current culture. There’s silliness for all with this game!
Coup (The Dystopian Universe)Fact or Crap Board GameTime’s Up – Deluxe
16) Coup In a dystopian world, this is your chance to manipulate, bribe and scheme to make it to absolute power.
17) Fact or Crap Fast paced game that lets you decide what’s real and what’s bologna. Perfect for multi generations and expanding your trivia knowledge.
18) Time’s Up Race against the clock to name books, movies and more to show your cultural savvy. Competitive yet fun, this will get the hearts racing and create hilarious memories!
Moods Board GamePicWits! Board Game
19) Moods Love this one for helping tweens and teens express emotions and learn to effectively identify them in others, all while laughing hysterically! Perfect for parties or classroom fun!
20) Picwits If your teen loves Apples to Apples, this is definitely for you! The concept is similar but uses pictures instead of words.
Board Games For Teenagers (and tweens) To Make Them LOL
10 Best Family Game Night Ideas
Gifts For Teen Girls; Things They Really Want
Gifts For Teen Boys; Their Actual Suggestions
Leave a Comment