Our family loves Tex-Mex or Mexican style food. It’s so easy to pull together and everyone get to pick & choose their favorite ingredients and there are usually some type of chips involved which is a nice incentive to get my kids to try new things!
One of my favorite things about this recipe is how simple it is to customize to whatever you have on hand! The meat, cheese, and beans can all be tailored to what your family prefers or what’s in the pantry.
I highly recommend using our shredded chicken to make this a fast and easy weeknight meal! Go check it out if you haven’t already, it will revolutionize your meal planning!
- 1 lb of shredded chicken of browned ground beef/turkey
- 1 small package of tortillas, corn or flour
- 1 can of beans: black, pinto or refried
- 16 oz of shredded cheese, any flavor
- 1 can of Rotel tomatoes
- 1 can of whole kernel corn
- 2 cans of enchilada sauce
- Spread just enough enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 pan to coat it, then create a single layer of tortillas, rip them to fit if necessary
- Spread a layer of corn, top with ½ of the cheese, then add another layer of tortillas
- Combine meat & Rotel in a separate bowl, then spread that across the top of the tortillas
- Add layer of tortillas on top of the meat, add rest of the 1st can of enchilada sauce
- Add a layer of beans, top with tortillas, the 2nd can of enchilada sauce and the remaining shredded cheese
- Bake at 350 for 30 min or until cheese is bubbly. If pulling the pan from the refrigerator, allow an extra 10 minutes to ensure dish is heated all the way through
These meal is perfect to take a friend and it always disappears at pot luck events! Making a whole pan of it ensures we have leftovers for lunches or another dinner and who could complain about that?