White Chicken Chili is a new dish for our family but definitely going on the keeper list. This dish was just delicious and flavorful, as well as super easy to pull together as a slow cooker meal or a top of stove thing in case you didn’t plan dinner out in the morning.
White Chicken Chili
- 1 lb. of chicken breasts poached using bay leaves
- 1 large onion
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cans white beans
- 1 can fiesta corn corn with red/green peppers incl.
- 4 c. chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- fresh cilantro diced tomato, lime wedge for garnish
- Poaching chicken is simple and quick. Add meat, 3 bay leaves, salt & pepper, water to a stock pot. Bring to a boil, continue for approx. 20 min. or until meat is thoroughly cooked
- Remove meat from pot, place in a large bowl and shred with a fork. Set aside.
- Take stock pot, sauté onion, pepper, & garlic in the oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add beans, corn, spices, and broth, stir well.
- Mix in chicken, bring to a boil, reduce heat & simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro, tomato, & a lime wedge.