Cheesey Noodle Casserole has all the ingredients of any good comfort food and is a hit with kids as well. One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it’s so easy to double it and stick the extra in the freezer or take to a friend!
Quick Tip: having ground beef or turkey on hand is one of the best ways to pull together a quick meal. The meat cooks quickly and is so versatile!
All the melty, bubbly cheese and filling portions make this a great comfort food and great on those nights where everyone might be eating in “shifts” because of sports, church, or whatever. Cheesey Noodle Casserole reheats well and makes good leftovers for lunch the next day, too!
- 1 lb. ground turkey or beef
- 6 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 16oz tomato sauce
- 4c of egg noodles
- 5 scallions
- 8 oz cream cheese block
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1c shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown meat, drain well, then add tomato sauce, garlic, sugar, and salt, simmer over low heat for 15 minutes
- Prepare noodles according to package instructions, drain, then layer in the bottom of a 9x13 pan
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, & scallions, set aside
- Add tomato sauce mixture over the noodles, then spread the cream cheese mixture over the sauce, spreading evenly
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top, Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and cheese is melted
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving
- You can easily double the recipe and make a second pan to stick in the freezer or give to a friend. This casserole actually tastes better made a day ahead BUT is still delicious if made & eaten in the same day.