Well, I DID go to CVS where I tried to be a savings Queen, but again, I spent about $50 OOP, which is always a bummer. (Anything over $10 is a bummer for me when I’m at the drugstores.) I thought I’d take another whack at the gas card promotion, and I thought I’d try the P&G promotion, but in the end – the Queen was sad.
Here’s my haul:
I put the Mavs hat up there just for fun.
We’ll start with the gas card promotion (Buy $30 of special items and get a $10 gas card back):
- Advil 200 count was on sale for $12.99 each, and I had a coupon for $4 off 2.
- Hefty bags on sale for $6.99, and I had a coupon for $0.55 off, and we were out of trash bags anyway.
Total OOP: About $28. Gas card = $10. Like paying 3/$18 or $6 each. Eh. I kinda wanted to take some Advil afterwards when I had to pay.
Next, I tried the dang P&G promotion. I don’t know why it got me so excited, I can usually get that razor for about $0.99 at Walgreens, but I thought OMG I GOTTA HAVE THAT FREE RAZOR RIGHT NOW NOW NOW!! The promo was buy $30 in P&G stuff, get that $10 razor for free.
- (4) Nature Luxe Lip Balm, on sale for 2/$12, and there was a $5 off 2 coupon in the paper this week. I don’t really need lip gloss right now, but I figured if it’s good enough for Taylor Swift – it’s good enough for me.
- Bounty Paper Towels, on sale for $5.99, with a $0.25 coupon in the paper (REALLY, P&G! Lame coupon!)
- There was also a $4 coupon for the free razor in the paper.
Total OOP: a little over $16. Eh. At least I’ll have sexy lips.
The rest of it was more my style…
- Oral B Pulsar Toothbrush. On sale for $6, you get $3 in ECB back and there was a $3 coupon in the paper this week. Free!
- Dove soap. On sale for $6 for a 6-pack, buy $15, get $5 back. I got 3 for $18, and then had $5 ECB back.
- Crest Pro-Health mouthwash. On sale for $4.50, you get $2.50 ECB back, and there was a $2 coupon in the paper. Free!
- The Rimmel nail polish was on clearance for $1.12, I had a $1 coupon, so it was $0.12.
- I can’t remember why I bought the Dawn dishwashing detergent. I think I had a $1 coupon for it, thus making it free.
After I put in some of last week’s ECBs, my OOP was around $3. Holla!